Sunday, September 14, 2014

Where this journey has taken me

This successful weight loss journey began on July 12, 2012.  It started after we got back from a trip where I had again lost weight.  I kept wondering why I would lose weight on a trip and not at home.  I knew I was more active on vacation, however, we would eat out more than we did at home.  I have always had to deal with a weight issue and over the years, I have tried many programs.  They would work for awhile and then I would slide off the wagon, so to speak.  This time, I wanted to try it on my own, so I would learn something.  I knew I had support from my daughters, as they wanted to lose weight, as well.  As of today, I am down 42 pounds and I have been down as low as 46 pounds.  Along the way, there have been many tweeks or learning possibilities.  I am currently going through another one, as my doctor took me off my blood pressure medication, which also had a diuretic in it.  I have had to increase my water intake, in order to counterbalance the lack of the diuretic.   Right now that is easy with the weather being close to 100 degrees.

When my Dad was alive, he would tell me, "Trudi, you know what to do to lose weight."   To start with, I used moderation and exercise, which I still do.  Much of this sounds simple, but do you do it.  In some ways, I do deprive myself.  We started out walking a mile, which now sounds very small, and now we have worked myself up to 4-5 miles.  For awhile, we rode bikes and I got up to  8-10 miles.

The weight loss has helped my self-esteem and I have had so many compliments.  Over the next few posts, I will talk about what I have learned.  I would love other ideas or input for things other people have learned on a weight loss program or things in general.

2 comments:

  1. Great job, proud of you, Trudi. I started on ANOTHER weight loss journey - but I HAVE to stick to this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you want help, or some support, I would be happy to do that!

    ReplyDelete