Sunday, May 17, 2015

Keeping up and learning all the time

Overall the weekend was not good!  I am really learning that I need to stay on a structured schedule, but give myself some grace for when things happen.  On Saturday, Mari and I did go for ice cream at Salt and Straw in Los Angeles and on Sunday, I overate and the weight reflected it.  Starting Monday, I was back on track.

On Monday, Mari's graduating class had a get together and her teacher brought food, which I overall stayed away from, with the exception of grapes.  We did go out for dinner and I made a wise choice in having salmon, rice and a salad and I did have gelato, but I still lost some weight.

Tuesday was mainly a day at home and being good with food.  We did get a walk of about 5 miles with our Tuesday night walking group.  I was feeling hungry after the walk and slightly light headed, so I wanted to get some protein.  Mari wanted to stop at Starbuck's for a refresher and I got a reduced fat turkey bacon sandwich, which was about 230 calories.  This seemed to help.

I have learned that many times when I put on weight from not eating according to plan; once I get back on my structured food plan, the weight comes off until I get to where I have been in the past and then we come to a screeching halt and that is currently what is going on.  The girls and I went to try a coffee/tea place that I had read about and then we went to Whole Foods to their salad and hot food bar, which I love.  The rest of the day has been good and I did take a walk.  Now I am starting to hit the part of the week when food goes downhill, but this week has been a different schedule, so that may help.

Thursday was good and the weight has been continuing to go down. Friday, instead of a salad, I did a wrap from Starbuck's.  I have not been able to do a walk the last couple of days due to the rain. Overall, this has been a good week.   Saturday, Mari and I went down to Torrey Pines to do a walk.  My food was good all day!  This week I lost 1.4 pounds over the last week.

Dinner Menu for the week

Sunday-a mixture of chicken, vegetables, rice and scrambled eggs.
Monday, we are going out for Mari's graduation
Tuesday, we are having salmon
Wednesday, we are having Orange Chicken with chow mein
Thursday, we are doing chicken, mushroom and couscous
Friday, we are having chicken, vegetables and couscous
Saturday is chicken with cilantro, Spanish rice, diced tomatoes and onions

Walking schedule for the week

Sunday went for a walk around our hill
Monday-no walk
Tuesday-walk in Irvine
Wednesday-walk in Balboa
Thursday-walk in Irvine
Friday-walk somewhere near us
Saturday-walk somewhere in Orange County

No comments:

Post a Comment