Sunday, September 13, 2015

Physical and emotional health

The reason I started this weight loss journey was because I was not happy with myself at the weight I was at, plus we would go on vacation and I would lose weight and when we got back home, my weight went back up.  At home, I deal with my husband and daughter, who are on the Autism Spectrum and I am my husband's caretaker and not his wife.  He expects everything done for him.  My daughter deals with major anxiety, so this makes for a very stressful household.  My hiking/walking is the way I deal with my stress, which has helped tremendously and I have met some awesome, supportive people in the process.  I have learned my rest is major important.

Sunday-my weight is up, as the girls birthday was yesterday.  I did not make bad food choices, but the food was heavier than what I eat on a normal basis.  I will get somewhat on track today.  I was up at 6:15 this morning.  I do not use an alarm, but allow my body to wake up when it wants to.  There are times, I would like to sleep later, but my husband is on a "schedule" and wants to be up around 6-6:30, so he can watch his TV.  Breakfast, snacks and lunch were on track.  I did a hike this afternoon that was hard and injured my knee.  Dinner was what people brought.  I did not get to bed until 1 a.m. and did not sleep the best.

Monday-my weight is still up.  This morning I was up at 6:30.  Knee was really bothering me during the night.  Breakfast, snacks and lunch were on track.  Originally, I had planned to go out to dinner, as I thought I was going hiking, so we went out to dinner anyway.  Not a bad choice, but not hiking did not help the weight.  Very much needed a nap, which I got.  Rory has been on my case about going to the doctor for my knee, but I know enough of what to do and have enough friends, who have been through this, that I am following their advice.  I am not a good patient and so used to doing things, that it is hard for me to do nothing and have my daughters do things.  Marissa is not used to this as well and it is causing her anxiety.  Fell asleep while icing my knee about 10:15.

Tuesday-my weight is up.  My sleep was pretty good, but I got tired of the bed.  Slept without the brace.  Got up at 6:20 a.m.  Kept on track with food.  I am sleeping soundly with my naps, as I feel like my body has been tired. The knee is getting better everyday, which I am happy about.  Starting Monday of next week, I am going to do some stretching exercises on Monday, Wednesday and Friday and do walking on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturdays.  If I have a small hike on Saturday, I may do a small hike on Sunday afternoon.  Took the girls to our Tuesday night walk and while they were walking, I edited pictures and talked to a friend, which was really enjoyable. Marissa did the whole walk, but had an anxiety melt down when she got back.  Mari and I were trying to find out what was causing the anxiety and she would not talk about it.   Went to bed around 11:30.

Wednesday-my weight is still up and I am beginning to see the effect my walking/hiking has on my weight.  Got up about 6:30.  While I am getting ready, Rory is watching the news and making comments about things on the news and putting down people, which gets annoying.  Made some decisions about some things, such as exercise during the night, which helps.  I have made a promise to myself and several others, that I will rest my knee this week, but I knew this would happen and it is, that I would get restless, but I am keeping my promise.  The food was on track today.  Marissa had an appointment with her therapist, which was helpful for all of us.  Went to a new small group, which is based on my hiking group, which I am excited about.  Getting frustrated with the knee, but I know it is improving.  Went to bed around 11.  My nap did not really exist, but I did rest.

Thursday-the weight is slightly down.  Got up at 6:30 a.m.  Kept on track for food today.  The knee is getting better everyday.  One of my goals is that I can climb stairs normally by the end of the weekend, as it is getting annoying to climb stairs one step at a time.  Made some plans for the weekend and one is to go walking at the beach on the boardwalk with my walking group.  Had counseling and then came home and picked up Mari and we went to our Thursday night walk.  Mari did the walk and I hung out and edited pictures at Starbucks.  It was nice to hang out with the group.  Came home and lights were out by 11:30 p.m.

Friday-the weight is starting to go down.  Got up at 6:30 a.m.  Kept on track for food today.  I am tired of the pain with my knee, as it feels like a pulled muscle.  Had a mammogram and then came home.  Did get a nap and then went to do some errands.  I got done the things I wanted to get done.  Rory frustrates me with his non-stop talking.  Went to bed at 10 and got a good nights sleep.

Saturday-the weight is down to what it was last Saturday.  YAY!  Got up at 6:30, mainly because Rory turned off the fan in our room.  I could have slept longer.  Breakfast and snacks were the only part of my food plan that was on track.  We went out for lunch and then for dinner went to an end of summer bash with my hiking group.  I did walk 2 miles and the knee feels tremendously better.  It was not really enjoyable to come home after having so much fun yesterday.  It is very difficult to live with someone who really does not want to interact with other people. I am very thankful to have found my hiking group.  Got to bed around 11:30.

DINNER MENU

Sunday-Chicken with salsa and spinach with rice
Monday-Turkey tacos
Tuesday-Chicken, spinach, diced tomatoes, mushroom risotto
Wednesday-out
Thursday-salmon
Friday-Turkey chili
Saturday-Chicken, Spinach, Bell peppers and eggs

EXERCISE

Sunday-None
Monday-walk
Tuesday-walk
Wednesday-walk
Thursday-kayak
Friday-None
Saturday-walk



No comments:

Post a Comment