Sunday, September 27, 2015

Frustration

I am dealing with frustration and fear when it comes to going back to doing the intermediate hikes.  The walk I did on Saturday had its challenges and I am getting used to doing different types of exercises and more stretching, which is good for me.  I need to accept what is and not expect so much of myself.  I have decided that my schedule for walking will be Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday.  Mondays will be either at Balboa or a walk with Mari.  Wednesdays will be a walk at Balboa while Marissa is at therapy.  Tuesday and Thursdays are going to be a group walk and Saturdays will be a field trip of some kind.  I will not walk when the temperature at the time of the walk is over 85.  It is just too hot, when it is over 85.

Sunday-got up around 6:15 and my weight is down.  Stayed on track with food and no walking.  I was down in the dumps yesterday and this seems to be a trend with Sundays.  I want the down time, but I enjoy the social.  I am frustrated with my hamstring and the heat.  Turned off the light at 10:30, which seems to be coming a routine, that is healthy for me.

Monday-got up around 6:15 and my weight is down.  Stayed on track with food.  Took a walk with Mari at Dana Point, which felt good and I had no real pain afterward, thanks to the stretching I am doing.  Today was a more positive day.  Turned off the light around 10:30.

Tuesday-woke up around 6:15 and my weight is at its lowest.  Three more pounds to goal.  Stayed on track with food today.  We did go out for lunch and I had a shrimp salad.  Did my usual Tuesday night walk, which was good.  Today was a good day, as we did dog walking at The Pet Rescue Center.  I am focusing on moving forward, rather than feeling stuck, which is a good thing.  Turned off the light at 11 p.m.

Wednesday-got up around 6:15 and my weight was slightly up.  Stayed on track with food today.  I did a walk at Balboa this morning and the hamstring is really getting a lot better.  My usual frustrations during the day and I move on.  It is hard when you want to fix something and you can't.  I wasn't really feeling well before I went to my small group tonight, but anyway and drank plenty of water and turned off the light at 11:20.

Thursday-got up around 6, as Rory was stirring and I couldn't go back to sleep.   I knew we had to be out the door between 9:30-9:45 a.m.  My weight is slightly down.  Today is a busy day.  Dropped Mari off at Saddleback Church and then ran some errands.  Did a photo shoot for a friend and had lunch with Mari and my friend.  Lunch was the only time I deviated from food routine.  Did my usual Thursday routine.  I did not do as much stretching as I have been doing, plus I walked faster than I have been.  I did do my normal nighttime routine, which helped.  Turned off the light at 12:20 a.m.  This is becoming typical for Thursday nights.

Friday-got up around 6:20, as Rory wanted to get his day going and again, I knew I had to be up.  Weight is slightly down.  Friday is a down day for me, in regards to exercise.  It is nice to have a quiet day, once in a while.  Turned off the light at 10:20.

Saturday-got up at 6, as I had to be out the door at 8 to get to a hike.  The weight was up.  Did a 5 mile hike and had a busy day,which I enjoy.  It is hard to come home to "life with Rory", after a day like today.  Turned off the light at 11:20

DINNER MENU

Sunday-Chicken, bell pepper, diced tomatoes and zucchini and rice
Monday-Chicken curry
Tuesday-out
Wednesday-Shrimp, zucchini, Diced tomatoes and rice
Thursday-Turkey, Veges and rice
Friday-Chicken, Broccoli and rice
Saturday-out

EXERCISE

Sunday-None
Monday-Walk
Tuesday-None
Wednesday-Walk
Thursday-Walk
Friday-None
Saturday-Walk

2 comments:

  1. You're really working hard, Trudi. I wouldn't be so frustrated. Your weight will fluctuate daily due to the temperature outside, and depending how much water your body is holding. I'm concerned that you are putting too much emphasis on the numbers rather than how you're feeling. A pound up or down shouldn't concern you as much as it seems to be doing. But, I do have to commend you on doing such a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Eydie Stumpf! I was more frustrated at the beginning of the week with my hamstring and the heat and not being able to get out and exercise. My frustration also lies in my "life with Rory" and the negativism, I deal with at home with him vs. the positive support I get from people in my social circle, as well as the positive support I get from my daughters. There are days I don't want to come home, but I know that I need to come home.

    ReplyDelete