Sunday, December 27, 2015

The holidays and eating out and being kind to yourself

Sunday-was up early at 6:30, considering I got to bed at 1 a.m.  Took two naps.  Weight was slightly down.  Stayed on track with food and got a 5 mile walk.  Turned off the light about 10, as I was tired.

Monday-got up at 6:30, which seems to be a normal time for me.  Keeping the weight within range.  Stayed on track with food and got my normal Monday night walk of 4 miles.  Turned off the light around 11.

Tuesday-woke up about 6:20, but it was very dark due to the rain and I stayed in bed until about 6:30.  Weight is being within the upper part of my goal range.  Tonight I know I am eating out.  The days I eat at home, I am really trying to stay on a normal food plan.  I am allowing myself some of the foods of the season, but not overdoing it.  That is something I have learned on this journey is to not deny myself certain things, but within moderation. Breakfast, lunch and snacks were on track.  Something in breakfast did not agree with me.  I made wise choices with dinner and it was a fun evening out.  Did my home exercises, but no walk due to the rain.  Turned off the light around 11.

Wednesday-woke up around 6:10 and finally got up around 6:40.  Weight was down a pound.  Today should be on track. I did my home exercises, but no walk/hike.  Mainly doing errands today and the girls and I did go out for lunch and I did have a salad.  Went to service for Christmas Eve, which was really nice and Mari and I got frozen yogurt after the service.  Went to bed around 11.

Thursday-I was up early as I have to be out the door around 7:30 to get to a hike at 8 a.m.  Weight is being in range.  Did some of my home exercises and did do a hike.  Where we went hiking was a new area for me and I had some fear regarding the hike, but I did it and I am proud of myself.  A group of us went out for brunch after the hike.  The rest of the day was home.  Went to bed around 9:45.

Friday-Merry Christmas-I was up around 6:20. Stayed on track with food.  Weight was slightly up, but within the healthy range.  Did a walk today, which felt good.  Other than the walk, mainly stayed home.  Went to bed around 9:45 p.m.  Marissa was struggling with sore muscles and anxiety and I always feel like I am walking on egg shells on holidays especially with Rory.  I am glad when holidays are over.

Saturday-Up early, as we are going on the train to Los Angeles.  Weight was slightly up, but within the healthy range.  Walked about 8 miles, between the Secret Stairs walk and all the rest of the walking we did.  In regards to food, I made wise choices, as lunch and dinner were out. Went to bed around 9:45.

DINNER MENU

Sunday-out
Monday-Lemon Paprika Chicken
Tuesday-Orange Chicken with Chow Mein
Wednesday-Shrimp with Macaroni and Cheese with veggies
Thursday-out
Friday-Chicken with Couscous and veggies
Saturday-Turkey and broccoli with rice

EXERCISES

Sunday-None
Monday-walk
Tuesday-walk
Wednesday-None
Thursday-Hike
Friday-None
Saturday-hike


No comments:

Post a Comment