Sunday, January 3, 2016

2016 is the year of "I can"

2015 was the year of losing weight and now 2016 is the year of "I can".  I am tired of being fearful and feeling stuck.  After the first of the year, I am going to find a part time job.

Sunday-I was getting tired of the bed and got up around 6:30 a.m.  Weight was slightly down. Did some of my home exercises and did some dancing at a party.  Stayed mainly on track with food, except for dinner, when I gave myself permission to enjoy.  Went to bed around midnight.

Monday-Got up around 6:30, as Rory was up and about.  I am not sure if I could have slept much more.  Weight is at the upper end of my goal range and for the next three days, I will be back on track. Food today was on track, even though we went out for lunch.  We went to Veggie Grill and I had a grilled chicken sandwich without sides.  I did some of my home exercises and did a 3.4 mile walk.  I did get a nap, as I really needed it.  Turned off the light at 10:30.

Tuesday-Got up at 6:30, which gave me 8 hours of sleep, but still felt tired.  45 minute nap as well
Weight was within normal range.
Exercise-4.96 mile walk and one home exercise
Breakfast-Goat milk yogurt with blueberries and bananas, Ezekiel bread with almond butter, turkey bacon and tea.
Lunch-chicken salad and chai tea
Dinner-Orange chicken with chow mein and a cookie
Water-46 oz water
Words of the day:  frustration, that someone can't do things for himself, when I know he can, enjoyment of being with friends,  relaxed at not being on a time schedule
Turned off the light at 11:30

Wednesday-Got up at 6:50, which gave me a little over 7 hours of sleep. Naps are nice and I did get one.
Weight was within normal range
Breakfast-eggs with spinach, onion and cheese, Ezekiel Bread with almond butter
Snack-trail mix
Lunch-Shrimp salad, a tangerine and an Iced Caramel Macchiato.
Snack-trail mix
Dinner-Shrimp, broccoli and macaroni and cheese and yogurt with M&M's
Water-46 ounces and herbal tea
Home exercises-Arm circles, wall sits
Words/Feelings for the day-Relieved as Rory is gone for 5 days, frustrated, as Rory has to call and tell me all the news reports of where certain locations are supposedly going to be blown up on New Years Eve, and wanting to get to doing errands faster than others want to get going.   Accomplished-we got Christmas decorations taken down.  Peacefulness-quiet in the house, with no TV.  Not wanting  for this day to end.
Turned off the light around 10.  Tried to do some reading and fell asleep.

Thursday-Actually set the alarm and got up at 6, as we had to be out the door around 8 for a hike.  I did get 8 hours of sleep, which was nice.  I also got a nap, as we hiked 10 miles today.
Weight was within normal range.
Breakfast-eggs with cheese and cut up vegetables, Ezekiel Bread with almond butter.
Snack-trail mix along the hike
Lunch-turkey sandwich and cranberry sauce
Snack-trail mix
Dinner-Enchiladas Rancheros with chicken and rice and chips with salsa and guacamole
Water-46 oz+ and Herbal tea
10 mile hike
Words/Feelings for the day-Nervous regarding the hike, as there are no bathrooms along the hike; happy that I did the 10 mile hike, relaxed, as it is nice to come home to a peaceful house and excited to be going out with friends for New Years Eve. New Years Eve was fun and I was surprised at how well I bowled.
Turned off the light around 1:30 a.m.

Friday-Happy New Year's!  Got up about 7:30.  I, only got 6 hours of sleep, so I know there will be naps today. I took a two hour nap.
Weight was within normal range and today, I will be staying on food plan.
Breakfast-oatmeal with blueberries and bananas and turkey bacon
Snack-trail mix
Lunch-half a turkey meat loaf sandwich with cheese and lettuce and a tangerine
Snack-trail mix
Dinner-Chicken, couscous and vegetables and frozen yogurt
Water and herb tea
No hiking today, did some home exercises.
Words/Feelings for the day:  Enjoying a quiet house. Tired-time for nap-thankful I could listen to Rory, but not have to put up with him on a 24/7 basis. Thankful for friendships and my daughters.  Scattered and tired.  Need to not get upset with myself, when I don't get things done.
Turned off the light around 9:30 p.m.

Saturday-got up at 6, as I have a hike this morning.  Did take a nap.
Weight was within normal range and I plan to stay on plan.  Lunch was out and I had a chicken bowl. Happy with the choice.
Breakfast-Grape Nuts with blueberries and bananas and turkey bacon with herb tea
Snack-trail mix
Lunch-chicken bowl with a couple of chips and hibiscus aqua fresca
Snack-trail mix
Dinner-Turkey with rice and vegetables and yogurt with M&M's
Did a 4 mile hike and some home exercises.
Words/Feelings for the day:  Frustrated with my phone.  Thought I was going to have to get a new phone, but the battery charged while we were gone on a hike.(?)  Thankful for friendships.  I am going to make a list of projects I want/need to get done.  Feel like I waste time on the computer.  People tell me I am strong, but I don't feel strong! Tired! I feel less scattered, as I made a list of different things, I want to do projects around the house, in regards to financial, reading and my hiking.
Turned off the light around 10:15 p.m.

DINNER MENU

Sunday-Chicken, Broccoli, and Mushroom Risotto
Monday-Chicken Burrits
Tuesday-Fish
Wednesday-Shrimp, diced tomatoes, mushrooms and rice
Thursday-Rosemary Chicken
Friday-Chili Mac
Saturday-Out

HIKES/WALKS

Sunday-Hike in Peters Canyon
Monday-Walk in Rancho Santa Margarita
Tuesday-Walk in Turtle Rock(possible rain)
Wednesday-None
Thursday-Hike in Shady Canyon(possible rain)
Friday-None, but possible
Saturday-Exploratory walk in Los Angeles





2 comments:

  1. You're really keeping yourself on track, Trudi! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Eydie Stumpf! Overall, this has become a life style!

      Delete