Sunday, June 28, 2015

A crazy week

This is going to be a crazy week.

Monday, I am going to try to get in a walk.  My usual time to do this would have been in the morning, but Marissa has a dentist appointment, so I will try to get a walk in the afternoon.  Tuesday, I am taking my usual Tuesday night walk with my group.  The afternoon may get crazy, as Sweet Pea(our cat) has a vet appointment.  Wednesday, Rory leaves for Vegas, so the house will be calmer.  Thursday and Friday, I think, will be normal and Saturday, we are taking the train to San Diego for a field trip.

Sunday was Father's Day and Rory's birthday and we went out for brunch, which was enjoyable.  I tried to make good food choices, which I feel I did.  I really have an issue with going out, as I want to stay on track, as I am so close to 60 pounds and I don't want to blow my momentum.  I needed a break today from walking, as the last 3 days has been intense and my body needed to recover.

Monday, my weight was up. I am back on food plan and I am really trying to work on staying in the moment.  Thank goodness, I am doing that, as this day did not go as planned.  I took Mari to work and ran an errand on the way home, which was planned.  Marissa had a dental appointment and I ran another errand.  I decided to take Marissa out to lunch and I got a salad, which I thought was a good choice.  Usually, I have small group on Monday night, which was cancelled.  I was planning to take a walk in the afternoon, which I did with a friend.  It was nice to stay home that night, as I had been running like crazy.

Tuesday, my weight was up again.  I stayed on food plan and today was another busy day, as Sweet Pea(cat) had to be at the vet by 10.  Rory is getting ready to go out of town and he is tense, when he gets ready, so he is really not fun to be around.  Marissa was feeling stressed, so I told her to go to her room.  Rory went out for the majority of the day and I had some quiet time.  Marissa and I went to pick up Sweet Pea and came home.  We left at 4 to pick up dinner and then get Mari and take Mari to a church function and Marissa and I went with my group for a walk.  We got frozen yogurt after we picked up Mari.  Marissa got sick from all the stress she has been dealing with.

Wednesday my weight was down and I have been on food plan all day.  I took Mari to work and then went for a walk, that had not been planned, as Marissa usually has therapy on Wednesday.  Since Marissa had been sick, she did not go to therapy and I just wanted to go for a walk by myself, which felt really good.  Came home and had lunch.  The house was quiet, as Rory had left and it was just Marissa and I.  I got lots accomplished, which felt good.  Overall, a good day.

Thursday, the weight was down and I am staying on plan.  Tonight, Mari and I are going out for dinner and we have our usual 5 mile walk, with frozen yogurt afterward.  Mainly a day at home working on photos and a blog post for Secret Stairs.(gypsymomtravels.blogspot.com)

Friday, the weight was the same as yesterday and I am staying on plan.  Mari and I have a hike tonight with our hiking group.  There will be frozen yogurt afterward.  Except for getting a hair cut, it is mainly a day at home.  I am totally enjoying the peace and quiet around the house.

Saturday, the weight was down.  Mari and I went to San Diego.  We got sandwiches to take with us and got coffees.  We walked all over the USS Midway, which was a lot of stairs and walking.  It was a fun day.

Overall, the weight was up for this week.  This week, I am eating from home for the majority of meals, as I am bound and determined to reach 60 pounds down.

DINNER MENU

Sunday-Tuna, Spinach, Veggies and Rice
Monday-Turkey Burgers
Tuesday-Turkey Chili
Wednesday-Shrimp, veggies, Quinoa
Thursday, Chicken, Rice and Veggies
Friday-Chicken Quesadilla
Saturday-Macaroni and Cheese with Turkey and Tomatoes

EXERCISE

Sunday-None
Monday-5+ mile walk in Newport
Tuesday-Hicks Canyon Walk
Wednesday-Balboa Island
Thursday-Shady Canyon walk
Friday-Laguna Beach hike
Saturday-None

2 comments:

  1. What if you stopped weighing yourself every day? I heard that you're not supposed to do that. Also, do you think that because it's been so hot that maybe some of your weight gain might be water you're retaining? Just curious.

    You're doing a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Eydie Stumpf! I know, you are not supposed to weigh yourself every day, but I do. At this point, it has become a habit. I have tried to not weigh myself every day, but it did not work. I have learned to not beat myself up when the weight goes up, as I usually know why. Yesterday could have been that, but I also know what caused the weight gain.

    ReplyDelete