Monday, June 1, 2015

Balance and pushing

When I started on Sunday, I was at my lowest weight in this journey.  I had taken two 5-mile walks on the previous Thursday and Saturday.  On Sunday and Monday, I took two 3-mile walks and my weight went up, but I am still lower than I have been.  I am learning what is my maintenance mileage and where I can actually lower the weight.

I saw a friend on Monday and she complemented me on what I looked like and she really didn't think I needed to lose more weight.  I have 15 more pounds to lose to get to my goal weight.   When I do get to my goal weight, I do plan to stay on this same food plan and I do plan to stay with the same walking routine that I am currently doing.  I am going to start incorporating some hiking into my routine and I am doing this because my daughter and some friends hike or want to hike and I want to join them.  Doing this will make me work on one of my fears, but I know with their help I can do this.

This week has been pretty good, as I have stuck with my menu!  Tuesday night, we did an almost 5 mile walk and went for frozen yogurt.  Wednesday was a chaotic day, but I kept to plan, except for frozen yogurt and the weight still decreased.  Thursday the food was good and I had a 5+ mile walk and the weight back to what it was on Sunday.  This journey is still a matter of tweeks as I get lower, but I know that is normal.  Saturday we went out for lunch and I was good and got a salad and will have enough salad for Sunday.

This week, the weight stayed relatively the same, which I am happy about, as this is my lowest weight, in this journey.

DINNER MENU

Sunday-Chicken with rice and bell peppers
Monday-Shrimp with diced tomatoes, rice and veggies
Tuesday-Turkey chili with chicken and mushrooms
Wednesday-Fish and rice
Thursday-Chicken and spinach quesadilla
Friday-Shrimp and orzo
Saturday-Chicken, mushroom and couscous

WALKING SCHEDULE

Sunday-3 mile walk in Dana Point
Monday-3 mile walk on Balboa Island
Tuesday-5 mile walk in Irvine
Wednesday-possible 3 mile walk on Balboa Island
Thursday-walking in Laguna, not sure of the mileage.  Possible walk in the morning
Friday-3-4 mile walk near Mission Viejo
Saturday-no walk


No comments:

Post a Comment