Sunday, August 16, 2015

Being healthy

My life, nowadays, has become a life of eating healthy and making wise choices and not being afraid to try new things.  Since doing two hikes that I was afraid of doing,  I feel more alive and my new saying is "I can do it."

Sunday-Weight is slightly up, but I am still down 60+ pounds.  Today was definitely a day of rest.  Ate according to plan, but no walk, which is fine, as my body needed the rest, after Saturday.

Monday-Weight is back down, which is 62 pounds, gone away.  The girls and I went to lunch with a friend who is leaving for Boston and I made wise choices.  No exercise today.

Tuesday-Weight was down slightly.  Stayed on food plan. Went walking today.

Wednesday-the weight is down to the lowest it has been on this journey.  If I was to look at BMI range, I need to be down another 7 pounds, which I can do.  Did an intermediate hike today.

Thursday-the weight stayed the same.   Stayed on track with food today. Mari and I were getting tired of frozen yogurt after we did hikes, so we tried something new.  We took yogurt from home with us, as well as a banana and got an iced tea, which was nice, as the temperature is hot right now.  Did our usual Thursday night hike, which I enjoy.

Friday-the weight is down .2 pound.  Overall stayed on track with food today.  I did go out to lunch today with Mari and made wise choices.  Did a 4.5 mile hike tonight and had frozen yogurt after the hike.  Tonight's hike was one of my harder hikes.

Saturday-the weight is staying relatively the same.  Breakfast was normal, but we went hiking in Torrey Pines and had a late lunch consisting of pizza, so I did not have dinner.  It was a fun day!

DINNER MENU

Sunday-Chicken Wings-Potato Salad
Monday-Chicken and curry couscous
Tuesday-Chicken Marsala
Wednesday-Shrimp with Lemongrass and Basi
Thursday-Sweet Teriyaki Chicken
Friday-Chicken Nachos
Saturday-Chicken Tostada

EXERCISE

Along with my walking/hiking, I do 140 leg ups and 150 sit ups, as well as an arm exercise and 30 seconds of wall squats.

Sunday-No exercise, mainly due to the heat.  I will not walk/hike, when it is over 90 degrees, plus Sunday is my day for resting
Monday-Hike
Tuesday-Walk
Wednesday-Walk
Thursday-Walk
Friday-Walk
Saturday-Hike

No comments:

Post a Comment