Sunday, August 23, 2015

Feels so good

Being almost to normal weight, feels so good with clothes, as well as being able to do things, that I have not been able to do.  I am enjoying being more positive.

Sunday-the weight is up and I know it will go back down.  Periodically, it is nice to eat certain foods that I don't allow myself to eat on a normal basis.  No walk or hike today!  Trying to find a balance between doing house stuff and things I enjoy, such as editing pictures or things I do at home.   I deal with two people with mental illness, which makes home life difficult, so most of the time, I would rather be out with others, than home.  The stress of living with mental illness, also affects my eating and weight.  I would like to be at home and enjoy my home.  I am more my husband's caretaker, than his wife.  His enjoyment is television, in fact, his dream, would be to be in a closed up, air conditioned room with a TV, going all day and all night.

Monday-the weight is still up.  Stayed on track with food today.  I tried something new today of starting to speed walk, plus I had an intermediate hike tonight, which is good for me.  After I got home from my hike, I had to deal with stress from Rory, who wanted to talked politics, which I don't enjoy, as well as talking finances and his finding a job.  His version of finding a  job, is finding something, where he really doesn't have to work.  Didn't really sleep well during the night.

Tuesday-the weight is going back down.  Stayed on track with food today.  Did some more speed walking today.  The whole stress with Rory affected me in regard to my energy level.  Did get a good nap, which helped.  My walk tonight was easy, so I try to decrease the speed on these walks.

Wednesday-the weight stayed relatively the same.  Overall, stayed on track with food.  Did a bunch of walking today, including my speed walk, a walk in Corona del Mar with sand and hills and a walk around Balboa.  Dealing with a bunch of stress today.

Thursday-the weight is staying relatively the same. Stayed on track with food.  Did my usual Thursday night walk in Shady Canyon.  Dealing with my usual stress with Rory and trying to help Marissa deal with her anxiety.  It is very difficult to watch my daughter struggle.  It gets exhausting, always having to be the strong one.  Some of the stress came out in my walking tonight, especially in how fast I was walking.

Friday-the weight is staying relatively the same.  Breakfast and snack was on track.  Lunch, I made the decision to go out to The Melt and have a grilled cheese sandwich with mushrooms, which was really good.  Afternoon snack and dinner were as planned.  Did no walking today and made the decision to not do any planned hikes this weekend.  I need some time to not be on a schedule.  Starting to keep track of my sleep.  Went to bed at 11.  I would really like to get to bed around 10:30 on a regular basis.

Saturday-the weight is staying relatively the same.  Food was on track today.  I did take a walk today with Mari.  Went to bed at 10:30.  The day was relatively relaxed, as I did a couple of errands in the morning, got a nap and we got hair cuts today.

MENU FOR THE WEEK

Sunday-Shrimp Nachos
Monday-Chicken Wings, Potato Salad
Tuesday-Salmon
Wednesday-Chicken, Bell peppers and Orzo
Thursday-Chicken, Spanish Rice and Veggies
Friday-Chicken Quesadilla
Saturday-Chicken Pad Thai

EXERCISE FOR THE WEEK

Sunday-Walk
Monday-Hike
Tuesday-Walk
Wednesday-Walk
Thursday-Walk
Friday-Day off
Saturday-Hike




No comments:

Post a Comment