Sunday, November 15, 2015

Eating out vs. eating at home

For those who are really trying to lose weight, do you find that eating out puts on the weight, more than eating at home?  I feel like whenever, I make wise choices and eat out, my weight will still go up slightly, more than when I eat at home.

Sunday-got up around 6:20, as I am really trying to work at getting 8 hours of sleep.  I do get up a couple of times a night.  My weight was up, but I expected that after yesterday. Did get some of my home exercises accomplished and did get a hike done.  Social wise, it was a good day.  Ate dinner too late last night and went to bed at 10:50.

Monday-got up around 6:15.  My weight was up!   Heard a message at church yesterday on values.  With this weight loss, I need to stick it out to the finish line.  This is a goal that I want to accomplish and lately, I feel like, I have been sloppy.  Back on track.  It is fun to go out, but I need to limit it to one meal out on fun days.  One meal out on fun days will work sometimes and not on others and I need to be kind to myself.  Stayed on track with food today and did my home exercises, as well as getting a walk.  Turned off the light around 10:50.

Tuesday-got up around 6:25.  My weight is starting to go back down again.  We are going out to lunch with a friend, who is here from out of town and I am committing to having a salad for lunch. I stuck to my commitment and I had a salad and iced tea for lunch.  The rest of the day was on track.  Volunteering at The Pet Rescue Center, having lunch with my friend and doing my walk was the best part of the day.  I did some of my home exercises and I did get a walk.  Got a letter regarding our mortgage and had to figure that out.  Turned off the light around 11:20.

Wednesday-got up around 6:15, even though my head was going, regarding the increase in the mortgage payment, which did not make for a great night sleep.   I have figured it out and I am going to let it go.  The weight is down again. Stayed on track with food.  No walk, but I did get home exercises completed.  Turned off the light around 11.

Thursday-got up around 6:15.  The weight is down.  At Marissa's therapy appointment yesterday, we were talking about food for breakfast.  Karen, who is Marissa's therapist, gave us some ideas, which we are going to use.  Eggs with spinach and onions, Eggs with cut up vegetables, Ezekiel bread with almond butter and goat milk yogurt, as well as oatmeal. Mari and I are going to do this as well. Karen, also recommended that I look up low-carb breakfasts, which I have done.  Got all my home exercises done and got a walk done.  It was not my usual Thursday night walk, but it was enjoyable and I got to bed at 10 p.m.

Friday-Got up around 6:15.  The weight stayed the same.  We are starting our new breakfast routine this morning with goat yogurt with berries, Ezekiel bread and almond butter. Stayed on track with food today.  Did some of my home exercises and did get a walk.  Overall, a quiet day.  Went to bed at 10.

Saturday-Got up around 6:15.  The weight stayed the same.  Breakfast today is a frittata with Ezekiel Bread and almond butter. Had my normal snacks, but added on ice cream to my lunch/afternoon snack, which was a vegetable quiche with salad.  Dinner was on track.  Did one of my home exercises and a hike with a lot of stairs.  Good day overall!  Went to bed at 10.

DINNER MENU

Sunday-Mushrm Risotto with chicken and broccoli
Monday-Chili with Macaroni and Cheese
Tuesday Chicken with a Chicken Pot Pie Sauce and Rice and Veges
Wednesday-Pizza
Thursday-Vietnamese Food
Friday-Out
Saturday-out

EXERCISE

Sunday-Hike if it does not rain
Monday-walk
Tuesday-walk
Wednesday-walk
Thursday-walk
Friday-walk
Saturday-hike

No comments:

Post a Comment